|Paper title:||Evaluation of the Risk of Drug Addiction with the Help of Fuzzy Sets|
|Published in:||Issue 3, (Vol. 4) / 2010Download|
|Author(s):||SINGH Manoranjan Kumar, RAKESH L., RANJAN Aniket|
|Abstract.||The primary focus of this paper is to present a general view of the current applications of fuzzy logic in medical analogy of consumption of drugs. The paper also deals with the origin, structure and composition of fuzzy sets. We particularly review the medical literature using fuzzy logic. Fuzzy set theory can be considered as a suitable formalism to deal with the imprecision intrinsic to many real world problems. Fuzzy set theory provides an appropriate framework for the representation of vague medical concepts and imprecise modes of reasoning. We present two concrete illustrations to investigate the impact of the risk related to drug addictions, like smoking and alcohol drinking and thereby highlighting the social problem related to health.|
|Keywords:||Estimation, Classical Set, Validation, Diagnostic Test.|
1. Herrera, Hoffmann, Magdalena, Journal of Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 6, pp. 5–31, Sep, 2004.
2. Kosko B, Fuzzy Thinking: The New Science of Fuzzy Logic, Hyperion Press, pp. 40-47, New York, 1993.
3. Naranjo,Turksen, Fuzzy logic to predict response in alcohol dependence, Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics, vol.62(2), pp. 209–224, 1997.
4. Nieto, Torres, International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, vol.12, pp. 48-52, 2005.
5. Papageorgious, Stylios , Groumpos , IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, vol. 50(12), pp.1326–1339, 2003.
6. Rosen field.A , How many are a few, Fuzzy sets, fuzzy numbers and fuzzy mathematics, 5th edition, Pearson, pp.77- 80.
7. Singh M.K, Ph.D Thesis Entitled “A study on the Axiomatic foundations of set theory”, pp.95-99, 1986.
8. Szczepaniak, Lisoba, Kacprzyk, Fuzzy Systems in Medicine, 3rd Edition, pp. 10-15, Germany 2005.
9. Wilder,R.L , Introduction to foundations of mathematics, International edition, pp. 5-12, Japan, 2006
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.