|Paper title:||Designing Flexible E-Business Workflow Systems|
|Published in:||Issue 3, (Vol. 4) / 2010Download|
|Author(s):||GHILIC- MICU Bogdan, MIRCEA Marinela, NISIOIU Codrin, SILVESTRU Catalin, STOICA Marian|
|Abstract.||In today’s business environment organizations must cope with complex interactions between actors adapt fast to frequent market changes and be innovative. In this context, integrating knowledge with processes and Business Intelligence is a major step towards improving organization agility. Therefore, traditional environments for workflow design have been adapted to answer the new business models and current requirements in the field of collaborative processes. This paper approaches the design of flexible and dynamic workflow management systems for electronic businesses that can lead to agility.|
|Keywords:||Flexible Workflow, Knowledge Society, Business Intelligence, Agility, E-business Process.|
ď»ż1. Argangna,D, Trubian, M.Li Zhang, â€śNetwork Computing and Applicationsâ€ť, 4rth IEEE international Symposium, vol. ,pp.263-266, 2005.
2. AMK.Tarabia, â€śTransient Analysis of a Non-empty M/M/1/N Queue an alternative Approachâ€ť. Opsearch, vol. 38, no.4, 2001.
3. Afeche, Philipp, Meldelson, Haim, â€śPricing and Priority auctions in queuing systems with a generalized delay cost structureâ€ť, Management Science, Article, Jul.2004.
4. B.Pourbabai and D.Sonderman, â€śServer utilization factor in queuing loss systems with ordered entry and heterogeneous serversâ€ť, J.Appl.Prob.vol.23, pp.236-242, 1986.
5. Dragoljub,Pokrajac, JugoslavMiluetinovic, Zoran,Obradovic, â€śTowards Neural Network-Based Profit Optimizationâ€ť. Economics and Organization vol.2, no.3, pp.261-275, 2005.
6. F.P.Kelly, â€śLoss networksâ€ť .Ann.Appl.Prob.vol.1, pp.319-378, 1991.
7. Filmore,E.Bender,Gerald Kahan,W.Charles Mylander. Optimization for profit: Decision Maker,s guide to Linear Programming .Haworth Press Inc.26, 2008.
8. Gross, D.and Harris, CM. â€śFundamentals of queueing theoryâ€ť. John Wiley & sons, New York, 1974.
9. Gregory, C.Chow, â€śDynamic Economics: Optimization by Lagrange methodâ€ť; Oxford University Press, USA, 1997.
10. G.Falin, â€śA servey of retrial queue. Queueing Systemâ€ť, vol.7, pp.127-168, 1990.
11. Hisashi Kobayashi and B.L.Mark, â€śGeneralized Loss models and Queuing-Loss-Networksâ€ť. International Transactions in O.R. Vol.9, pp.97-112, 2002.
12. J.B.Atkinson; â€śThe steady-state proportion of lost customers in general single- server loss system: Some exact results and a numerical approximation methodâ€ť, Research Note, School of Mathematical sciences, Uni. of North Londan, 1993.
13. J.B.Atkinson, The general two-server queuing loss system: Discrete time analysis and numerical approximations of continuous time system. Journal of Ors; vol.46, pp.386-397, 1995.
14. Lie-Fern Hsu, Charles,S.Tapiero, â€śA bayes approach to quality control of an M/G/1 queueâ€ť. Naval Research Logistics vol.35, pp.327-343, 2006.
15. Morse, P.M; Queues, Inventories and Maintenance. Wiley, New York, 1958.
16. Mishra, S. S. and Pal, S. â€śA computational approach to the M/M/1/N interdependent queuing model with controllable arrival ratesâ€ť, Journal of Indian Statistical Association vol.41, Iss.no.37, 2585, 2003.
17. Ostaszewski,A, â€śMathematics in economics/models and methodsâ€ť, Blackwell Publishers, pp.160, 1993.
18. R.Syski, Introduction to congestion theory in Telephone systems, 2nd Ed. North Holand Amsterdam, 1986.
19. S.S.Mishra, D.K.Yadav, â€śCost and Profit analysis of M/Ek /1 queuing system with removable service stationâ€ť, Applied Mathematical Sciences, vol.2, no.56, pp.2777-2784, 2008. Hikari Pub.Bulgaria.
20. S.C.Niu, â€śA single-server queuing loss model with heterogeneous arrival and serviceâ€ť, Opns. Res.28, pp.584-593, 1980.
21. Taha, H.A., Operations Research, An Introduction; PrenticeHall of India, 1997.
22. V.Yacheslay, M.Abramoy, â€śMulti-server queuing systems with retrials and lossesâ€ť, ANZIAM Journal, vol.48, pp.297-314, 2007.
23. William J. Baumol, Alan, S., Economics: Principles and Policy. Pub. Thomson South Western, 2006.
24. Y.Diao,J.L.Hellerstein and S. Parekh, â€śUsing fuzzy control to maximize profit in service level management.â€ť, IBM Systems Journal, vol.41,no.3,2002.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.