Connectivity management for mobile ad-hoc networks: A fuzzy based centralized approach
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 3) / 2009|
|Author(s):||Mehedi Jishan, Naskar K. Mrinal|
|Abstract.||In this paper, we propose algorithm to maintain the connectivity of a MANET nodes by suitably selecting `Coordinator` among the nodes constituting the MANET. The basic philosophy behind the algorithm is to select `Coordinator` amongst the system based on positional data and its energy level. Once elected, the `Coordinator` is entrusted with the responsibility to control the movement of all other nodes. All the nodes transmit their positional information obtained through GPS and energy level periodically. After analyzing the data obtained from all other nodes, the `Coordinator` directs all other nodes to control movement to keep the connectivity intact. The algorithm is going to be formulated in such a way, that the entire network is going to move in one direction. Both the `Coordinator` election and the movement algorithm is fuzzy logic based. We have simulated the algorithm in a number of synthetically designed situations and the results obtained through simulation prove the effectiveness of the algorithm.|
|Keywords:||MANET, Connectivity Management, Fuzzy Logic.|
1. S.S.Basu and A.Chaudhari, “Self-adaptive Topology Management for Mobile Ad- Hoc Network”, IE (I) Journal-ET, Vol.84, July 2003.
2. David B. Johnson and David A. Maltz “Dynamic Source Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless networks” , Computer Science Department, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15,213 – 3891.
3. Soumya Sankar Basu, Atal Chaudhari, “Self-Adaptive MANET: A Centralized Approach”, Foundations of Computing and Decision Sciences, Vol.29, 2004.
4. Elizabeth M. Royer and Chai -Keong Toh , “AReview of Current Routing Protocols for Ad-hoc Mobile Wireless Networks” , IEEE Personal Communications, April 1999.
5. C. E. Perkins and P. Bhagwat, “Highly Dynamic DestinationSequenced Distance-Vector routing (DSDV) for Mobile Computers”, ACM SIGCOMM, vol. 24, no. 4, Oct. 1994.
6. M.J.Ng and I.T.Lu, “A Peer-to-Peer zone based Two-Level Link State Routing for Mobile Ad-Hoc Networks”, IEEE journal on Selected areas in Communications, Special issue on Ad-hoc Networks, August 1999, p 1415
7. C.K.Toh, “Long-lived Ad-hoc routing based on the concept of Associativity”, IEEE draft, March 1999.
8. M. Jiang, J. Li, Y.C. Tay, “Cluster based Routing Protocol (CBRP)”, http :/ www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-itefmanetcbrp-spec-00.txt, August 1998
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.