Tools for Bramwell-Holdsworth-Pinton probability distribution
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 3) / 2009|
|Author(s):||Socaciu Tiberiu, Danubianu Mirela, Maxim Ioan|
|Abstract.||This paper is a synthesis of a range of papers presented at various conferences related to distribution Bramwell- Holdsworth-Pinton. S. T. Bramwell, P. C. W. Holdsworth, J. F. Pinton introduced a new non-parametric distribution (called BHP) after studying some magnetization problems in 2D. Probability density function of distribution can be aproximated as a modified GFT (Gumbel-Fisher-Tippitt) distribution.|
|Keywords:||BHP Distribution, PP Plot, QQ Plot, Statistical Tests,BET-FI Index, Bucharest Exchange Stock.|
1. Tiberiu Socaciu, Mirela Danubianu, BHP Universality Hypothesis Verification for BET-FI Index of Bucharest Stock Exchange, in The Annals of the "Stefan cel Mare" University Suceava. Fascicle of the Faculty of Economics and Public Administration, vol. 8, no. 1(9), 2009, pp. 320-325.
2. S.T. Bramwell, P.C.W. Holdsworth, J.F. Pinton, Universality of rare fluctuations in turbulence and critical phenomena, in Nature, vol. 396, 1998, pp. 552-554.
3. S.T. Bramwell, J.Y. Fortin, P.C.W. Holdsworth, S. Peysson, J.F. Pinton, B. Portelli, M. Sellitto, Magnetic fluctuations in the classical XY model: The origin of an exponential tail in a complex system, in Phys. Rev. E, 63, 041106, 2001
4. C. Pennetta, E. Alfinito, L. Reggiani, S. Ruffo, Non-Gaussianity of Resistance Fluctuations Near Electrical Breakdown, preprint online at http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/cond-mat/pdf/0310/0310643v1.pdf, last access at 2009 january 20, last update at 2003 octomber 28. 5. C. Pennetta, E. Alfinito, L. Reggiani, S. Ruffo, Non-Gaussian Resistance Noise near Electrical Breakdown in Granular Materials, preprint online at http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/condmat/pdf/0401/0401352v1.pdf, last access at 2009 january 5, last update at 2004 january 20.
6. C. Pennetta, E. Alfinito, L. Reggiani, Resistor Network Approach to Electrical Conduction and Breakdown Phenomena in Disordered Materials, online at http://www.cmtg.it/leccemeeting/prin_networkw.ppt, last access at 2009 january 9.
7. Carroll Croarkin, Paul Tobias, NIST/SEMATECH e-Handbook of Statistical Methods, online at http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/ , last access at 2009 january 10.
8. Fisher-Tippett distribution, in The Free Dictionary by Farlex, online at http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Gumbel+distribution, last access at 2009 january 5. 9. Tiberiu Socaciu, Ioan Maxim, PP Plot and QQ Plot tool for BHP universal distribution, in AFASES 2009 - The International Session of XI-th Scientific Papers "Scientific Research and Education in the Air Force", 20-22 MAY, BRASOV, 2009, pp. 1162-1164, ISBN 978-973-8415-67-6.
10. Probability-Probability (PP) Plot, Quantile-Quantile (QQ) Plot, online at http://wiki.math.yorku.ca/images/0/08/Statistics_pp-qq- 1.pdf, last access 2009 january 20. 11. Tiberiu Socaciu, Mirela Danubianu, Ioan Maxim, Cornel Iosif, A Test of Concordance for Nonparametric BramwellHoldsworth-Pinton Distribution, in The 33rd Annual Congress of the American Romanian Academy of Arts and Science (ARA), Proceedings, volume II, Alma Mater University of Sibiu, June 02-07, 2009, pp. 309-312, ISBN 978-2-553-01433-8.
12. Rui Gonçalves, Albert Pinto, Universality in the stock exchange, preprint online at http://arxiv.org/pdf/0810.2508v1, last update at 2008 october 14, last access 2009 january 20. 13. http://www.bvb.ro
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.