Implementation of a Topology Control Algorithm for Mobile Ad hoc Networks Using Pursue Mobility Model
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 2) / 2008|
|Author(s):||Dalu Surendra S., Naskar K. Mrinal, Sarkar C. K.|
|Abstract.||In this paper we have presented a physical implementation of a topology control algorithm for MANETs. Mobile nodes follow the characteristics of the Pursue Mobility model. There is no need to change routing table as connectivity of the network is maintained all through. Every node in the network is free to travel with its own velocity. Individual node can take the decision on its own to change the velocity for maintaining the connectivity with the node being pursued (target node). Each mobile node is equipped with a transceiver and a GPS receiver. Target node transmits its velocity and coordinate information periodically to all pursuer mobile nodes in a network. The pursuer nodes, after receiving this information from the target node, will modify its own velocity, if required, to maintain the topology. Results obtained through the experimentation with the prototype developed, demonstrate that the connectivity and hence the topology of the network is maintained always.|
|Keywords:||Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, Topology Control, Pursue Mobility Model, Hardware Implementation|
1. M. Royer and Chai Keong Toh, “A Review of Current Routing Protocols for Ad-hoc Mobile Wireless Networks”, IEEE Personal Communications, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 46-55, P April 1999. 1 P2 18m N 22m
2. S. S. Basu and A. Chaudhari, “Self-adaptive Topology Management for Mobile Ad- Hoc Network”, IE (I) Journal-ET, Vol. 84, July 2003.
3. Y. C. Tseng, S. Y. Ni, and E. Y. Shih, “Adaptive Approaches to Relieving Broadcast Storms in a Wireless Multihop Mobile Ad hoc Network”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 52, No. 5, pp. 545-557, May 2003.
4. R. Wattenhofer, L. Li, P. Bahl and Y. M. Wang, “Distributed Topology Control for Power Efficient Operation in Multihop Wireless Ad hoc Networks”, Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, April 2001.
5. R. Ramnathan and R. Rosales-Hain, “Topology Control of Multihop Radio Networks using Transmit Power Adjustment,” Proceedings of IEEE Infocom, pp. 404-403, March 2002. N P1 P2 8m 18m
6. C. Bettstetter, “On the Minimum Node Degree and Connectivity of a Wireless Multihop Network”, Proceedings of ACM Mobihoc, pp. 80-91, June 2002.
7. M. Grossglauser and D. Tse, “Mobility Increases the Capacity of Ad-Hoc Wireless Networks”, Proc. IEEE Infocom, April 2001.
8. F. Bai, N. Sadagopan and A. Helmy, “IMPORTANT: A Framework to Systematically Analyse the Impact of Mobility on Performance of Routing Protocols for Ad-Hoc Networks”, Proc. IEEE Infocom, March/April 2003.
9. S. Basagni, I. Chlamtac, A. Farago, V. R. Syrotiuk and R. Talebi, “Route Selection in Mobile Multimedia Ad-Hoc Networks”, Proc. IEEE MOMUC, Nov. 1999.
10. T. Camp, J. Boleng and V. Davies, “A Survey of Mobility Models for Ad Hoc Network Research”, Wireless Comm. & Mobile Computing (WCMC), special issues on mobile ad hoc networking research trends and applications, Vol. 2, No. 5, pp. 483-502, 2002.
11. Dongjin Son, Ahmed Helmy and Bhaskar Krishnamachari, “The Effect of Mobility-Induced Location Errors on Geographic Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks: Analysis and Improvement Using Mobility Prediction”, IEEE Trans. Mobile Computing, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 233-245, July-September 2004.
12. V. R. Syrotiuk, K. Shaukat, Y. J. Kwon, M. Kraetzl and J. Arnold, “Application of a Network Dynamics Analysis Tool to Mobile Ad Hoc Networks”, Proc. MSWiM, pp. 36-43, October 2006.
13. X. Hong, M. Gerla, G. Pei and C. C. Chiang, “A Group Mobility Model for Ad hoc Wireless Networks”, ACM/ IEEE MSWiM, 1999.
14. S. Buruhanudeen, M. Othman, Mazliza Othman and B. M. Ali, “Mobility Models, Broadcasting Methods and Factors Contributing Towards the Efficiency of the MANET Routing Protocols: Overview”, Proc. IEEE International conference on Telecommunication and Malaysia International conference on Communication, May 2007.
15. M. Sanchez. Mobility Models http://www.disca.upv.es/misan/mobmodel.htm.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.