Simulating the Effect of Disease Transmission Coefficient on A Disease Induced Death Seirs Epidemic Model Using the Homotopy Perturbation Method
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 16) / 2022|
|Author(s):||KOLAWOLE Mutairu K., ALAJE Adedapo I., OGUNNIRAN Muideen O., R. TIJANI Kamiludeen|
|Abstract.||In this research, the impact of disease transmission coefficient is examined to understand its relevance in disease eradication. The homotopy perturbation method (HPM) is applied to solve the presented epidemic model which is a four- compartment coupled differential equation. The numerical results obtained using the HPM are simulated with the help of Maple18 and the graphical results presented are accordingly discussed|
|Keywords:||HPM, Epidemic Model, Disease Transmission Coefficient|
1. He, J.H., Homotopy perturbation technique, Comput. Methods. Appl. Mech. Eng., 178, 257, (1999).
2. He, J.H., Variational iteration method- a kind of non-linear analytical technique, Intl. J. Nonlinear Mech., 34(4), 699, (1999).
3. Vergu, E, Mallet, A., Golmard, J.L., A modelling approach to the impact of HIV mutation on the immune system CORP. Bio. Med, 35, pp. 1-24. (2005)
4. Xia Xiaohua Modelling of HIV infection Vaccine Readiness, Drug effectiveness and therapeutical failures. Journal of process control, 17, pp. 23-260 (2007)
5. Olayiwola, M.O., Kolawole, M.K. Popoola A.O, variational iteration method for the simulation of the effect of transmission coefficient on the susceptible-exposed-infected-recovered-susceptible (SEIRS) epidemic model with saturated incidence rate. Journal of science and arts 2(39) 357-364, 2017.
6. Kolawole M.K., Olayiwola, M.O. On the numerical simulation of the effect of saturation Term on the susceptible individual in Susceptible-Exposed Infected –Recovered-Susceptible (SEIRS) Epidemic model. Computing, information system, Development informatics &Allied Research journal 7(2),83, 2016.
7. Aniji, M. Kavitha N., Balamuralitharan, S. Mathematical modelling of hepatitis B virus infection for antiviral therapy using LHAM, Advances in differential Equations, 2020.10.1186/s13662-020-02770-2.
8. Balamuralitharan, S., Geethamalini, S. Solutions of epidemic of EIAV infection by HPM journal of Physics: conf. series 1000,012023, 2018.
9. Kolawole, M.K, Olayiwola, M.O, Simulation of the effect of disease transmission coefficient on the susceptible-exposed-infected-recovered epidemic model using the variational iteration model, Annale. Seriea informatica. 17(2), 2019.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.