IoT potential in Industry 4.0 and Education 4.0 context
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 15) / 2021|
|Abstract.||The current paper aims to take a glimpse at the potential of the advanced technologies present today such as the Internet of Things (IoT), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud Technologies, Mobile Internet, etc. that have the potential to improve everyday life with new, interactive experiences that can change the way we perceive many of our daily activities. These technologies are pushing the society towards the development of Industry 4.0 and implicitly, Education 4.0. In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, the pressing need for a digitized society and education was felt, where technology plays a key role in the teaching-learning process. Thus, the concepts of Smart learning, Smart city, Digital campus, E-education and many such notions are starting to take shape more and more, aiming to adopt the trend of smart...everything.|
|Keywords:||IoT; Augmented Reality; Industry 4.0; Education 4.0; IoT Platforms|
1. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1194709/iot-revenue-worldwide/ accessed on august 2021
2. https://www.roweb.ro/blog/internet-of-things-exemples/ accessed on September 2021
3. https://www.springer.com/us/book/9783319165301 accessed on September 2021
4. https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/development-agenda/ accessed on September 2021
5. R. Khan, S. U. Khan, R. Zaheer and S. Khan, "Future Internet: The Internet of Things Architecture, Possible Applications and Key Challenges," 2012 10th International Conference on Frontiers of Information Technology, 2012, pp. 257-260, doi: 10.1109/FIT.2012.53.
6. Leontiev, Artiom. (2020). Internet of Things.
7. https://medium.com/iot-with-raspberry-pi/chapter-1-introduction-to-internet-of-things-c8c459f4f961 accessed on September 2021
8. Vancea, A. P. and Orha, I.. "A survey in the design and control of automated guided vehicle systems" Carpathian Journal of Electronic and Computer Engineering, vol.12, no.2, 2019, pp.41-49. https://doi.org/10.2478/cjece-2019-0016
9. Stăncioiu, Alin. "The fourth industrial revolution „Industry 4.0”." Fiabilitate Şi Durabilitate 1.19 (2017): 74-78.
10. https://dataprot.net/statistics/iot-statistics/ accessed on September 2021
11. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1183457/iot-connected-devices-worldwide/ accessed on September 2021
16. Keser H., Semerci A. Technology trends, Education 4.0 and beyond. Contemporary Educational Researches Journal, Volumul 09, Ediția 3, august 2019. p.39-49.
17. Das, Shuvra & Kleinke, Darrell & Pistrui, David. (2020). Reimagining Engineering Education: Does Industry 4.0 Need Education 4.0? 10.18260/1-2--35136.
18. Ilic, A., Fleisch E. “Augmented Reality and the Internet of Things”,Auto-ID Labs White Paper,No. BIZAPP-068. Zurich, Switzerland: Auto-ID Labs ETH / HSG. 2016.
19. https://www.gartner.com/reviews/market/iot-platforms accessed on September 2021
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.