Prediction algorithms and methods of registering the products on warranty by using RFID technologies
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 1) / 2007|
|Author(s):||Hurjui Cristina, Graur Adrian|
|Abstract.||The RFID technology (Radio Frequency Identification) is used in the view of data transmission, by means of mobile transponders, known as tags and for receiving that information, by means of reading devices, known as readers. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) has become specific for tracking the items and carrying out solutions of data achieving within the supply chains of enterprises, factories, trading companies or automation technologies. This present paper proposes creation of a computerized system dedicated to selling companies, manufacturers and service units, with a view of using products information and estimating by a prediction algorithm the return time towards the customers of changed or repaired products being on warranty or post-warranty time.|
|Keywords:||Prediction Algorithm, RFID Tag, RFID Reader|
1. Bhuptani Manish, Moradpour Shahram, RFID Field Guide: Deploying Radio Frequency Identification Systems, chapters 3, 5, February 2005.
2. Klaus Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook, Fundamentals and Applications in contactless Smart Cards and Identification, Second Edition, 2003, chapters 3, 7.
3. Frank Thornton, Brad Haines, Anand M. Das, Hersh Bhargava, Anita Campbell, John Kleinschmidt, RFID Security, Protect the Supply Chain, pp. 13-24, pp. 29-51, chapter 8, April 2006.
4. Himanshu Bhatt, Bill Glover, RFID Essentials, chapter 7, sections 7.1, 7.4, January 2006. 5. Diane Marie Ward, Quantitative Analysis of the Effect of Retail and governmental Supply Chain Directives on the RFID Market, June 2004.
6. Cicero Casmiro da Costa, RFID technology applied to logistics, August 2006.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.