|Paper title:||Ontologies and Personalization Parameters in Adaptive E-learning Systems: Review|
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 14) / 2020Download|
|Author(s):||AL-CHALABI Humam K. Majeed, HUSSEIN Aqeel M. Ali|
|Abstract.||In this era of IT, almost everything needs to be equipped with the advanced and the latest technology. So as is the case with an adaptive e-learning system. The current study topic is based reviewing the state of art ontologies and personalization parameters. The main context that lies behind the personalization of the learning scenarios is to espouse the presentations of the learning objects. It better helps to set the characteristics of the learners. The domain of ontologies in adaptive e-learning systems assists to determine the extensible representation of knowledge related to the particular domains. The user’s ontology better describes the learner’s characteristics. The findings of current research work help in making significant contributions to the literature work by exploring the models and theories of the previous research work for the e-learning systems. The policymakers of the adaptive e-learning systems can take help from the current study for the effective formulation of the policies. Also, the new model on the ontology, for supporting both the teachers and the students, can be well-defined based on the findings of the current research work. This study provides a good source of knowledge related to the ontologies and their use for elearning system environments.|
|Keywords:||Adaptive E-learning System, Online Learning, Ontology, Personalized E-learning|
1. Maryam Yarandi et al. "A personalized adaptive e-learning approach based on semantic web technology” Webology, vol. 10, no. 2, 2013.
2. Fathi Essalmi et al.i, "Selection of Appropriate E-learning Personalization Strategies from Ontological Perspectives” Interaction Design and Architecture(s) Journal, vol. 9, no. 10, pp. 65-84, 2010.
3. O.R. Zaıane, "Building a Recommender Agent for e-Learning Systems” Proceedings of the International Conference on Computers in Education, 2012.
4. S. Sarwar et al. ".Ontology-Based e-Learning Systems: A Step towards Adaptive Content Recommendation.” International Journal of Information and Education Technology, vol. 8, no. 10, 2018.
5. S. K. Saleena B, "Using concept similarity in cross ontology for adaptive e-learning.” Journal of King Saud University- Computer and Information Sciences, vol. 27, no. 1, p. 1–12, 2015.
6. S. Q. Salam F, "A Framework of a semantic recommender system for e-learning.” Journal of Software, vol. 10, no. 1, p. 317–330, 2015.
7. Maryam Yarandi et al. "Ontologies for Personalised Adaptive Learning.” Paper presented at the Advances in Computing & Technology 2012, London, Uk. , 2012.
8. Fathi Essalmi et al. "A full personalization strategy of E-learning scenarios” Computers in Human Behavior, vol. 26, no. 2, p. 581–591, 2010.
9. K. G. Tambe S, "An Efficient Framework for E-Learning Recommendation system using fuzzy Logic and Ontology.” International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), vol. 3, no. 6, p. 2062–2067, 2016.
10. HaiyangJia Jia et al, "Design of a performance-oriented workplace e-learning system using ontology.” Expert Syst. Appl. , vol. 38, no. 4, p. 3372–3382, 2011.
11. Kalla. Madhu Sudhana et al. "An ontology-based framework for a context-aware adaptive e-learning system. Computer Communication and Informatics (ICCCI)" 2013 International Conference on. IEEE, 2013.
12. ,Pornpit Wongthongtham et al. "Ontology annotation for software engineering project management in multisite distributed software development environments. In Software Project Management for Distributed Computing” Springer, Cham, pp. 315-343, 2017.
13. Mohammed Abdellah Alimam, "Building profiles based on ontology for career recommendation in E-learning context” 2014 International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems (ICMCS), 2014.
14. Mohamed A. Khamis. "Adaptive e-Learning Environment Systems and Technologies” The First International Conference of the Faculty of Education Albaha University, during the period, 2015.
15. Monika Rani, et al. "An Ontology-based Adaptive Personalized E-learning System, Assisted by Software Agents on Cloud Storage” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 90, pp. 33-48, 2015.
16. Sarwar, Sohail et al "Ontology-based Learner Categorization through Case-Based Reasoning and Fuzzy Logic. In” International Conference on E-Learning (IADIS), pp, p. 159–163, 2017.
17. Boban Vesin et al. "Ontology-based semantic recommendation in programming tutoring system." Expert Syst. Appl., vol. 39, no. 15, p. 12229–12246, 2012.
18. Eiman Aeiad, Farid Meziane.."An adaptable and personalized E-learning system applied to computer science Programmes design” Education and Information Technologies, vol. 24, no. 2, p. 1485–1509, 2019.
19. David Hauger, Mirjam Augstein. "State of the Art of Adaptivity in E-Learning Platforms” January 2007. Online. . Available: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 221146966_State_of_the_Art_of_Adaptivity_in_E-Learning_Platforms.
20. Monika Rani et al. "An Ontology-based Adaptive Personalized E-learning System" Knowledge-Based Systems, Volume 90, December 2015, Pages 33-48.
21. M. H. Faisal, A. W. AlAmeeri, and A. A. Alsumait, “An adaptive e-learning framework” in Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications &Services - iiWAS ’15, 2015, no. March 2019, pp. 1–5.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.