Annotation Toolkit for Collaborative Document Editing
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 12) / 2018|
|Author(s):||OLADIPO Francisca, AKINBAMI Dayo, ABRAHAM Gabriel|
|Abstract.||Collaboration and version control in the workplace foster excellent output and innovative products among others. Documents in PDF formats are durable, more stable and immune from structural problems occasioned by the presence of embedded macros. While documents encoded in PDF are enjoy ease of view, light, secure, popular and can be opened across devices and operating systems without fear of formatting loss, editing them are generally difficult as they required specialized programs due to the encoding. This paper describes the development of an annotation software for collaborative editing of documents in Portable Formats (PDF) over the web|
|Keywords:||Django Reversion, Version Control, Annotation, Collaboration, PDF, Python|
1. Atul Prakash “Group Editors”, Computer Supported Cooperative Work, Edited by
2. Beaudouin-Lafon, 1999 John Wiley & Sons Ltd, pgs 103-133
3. Moultry, Lynda. "Advantages & Disadvantages of Collaboration in the Workplace." Small Business - Chron.com, http://smallbusiness.chron.com/advantages-disadvantages-collaboration-workplace-20965.html. 28 June 2018.
4. Saomya Saxena(2013). 20 Options for Real-Time Collaboration Tools. 02 December 2013 EdTechReview http://edtechreview.in/news/825-20-options-for-real-time-collaboration-tools.
5. Jon A Preston (2005). Improving Concurrent Access in Collaborative Editing Systems. PhD Proposal, Department of Computer Science Georgia State University
6. Saikat Basu (2013). Not Just For Coders: Top Version Control Systems For Writers. Downloades August 2018 from https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/not-just-for-coders-top-version-control-systems-for-writers/
7. Computing and Information Technology. Grifftith University, Brisbane, Australia.
8. Shen, Haifeng (2008). Collaborative office document editing and revision control. Staff and Students Report, School of Computer Science and Engineering Report, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.