|Paper title:||A Model of Online Business Matching using Web Semantics|
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 12) / 2018Download|
|Abstract.||The development of globalization and Internet technologies led to big changes in daily business activities and forced managers to reconsider the way they conduct organizations. Taking the managerial concept of the Extended Enterprise as starting point, we rely the present model proposal on its characteristics as a group of entities chained to one another into the business process for sharing knowledge, data, resources and collaborate in order to create a product and/or service and combine it with the Business Process Innovation approach, which refers to changing the global supply chain using advanced Enterprise Information Systems and the advantages offered by the Semantic Web Technology. The present paper presents a model of an online B2B matching platform capable to identify new possible partners and inject them in an extended organization’s supply chain process. The solution will work based on specific algorithms for Semantic Web Matching. It will provide support for decision making and suitable robust supply chains identification for a given company|
|Keywords:||Value Reference Model, Extended Enterprise, Business Matching, Semantic Web, Matching Algorithms|
1. Nagel, R. and R. Dove. 21st Century Manufacturing Enterprise Strategy - An Industry-Led View (Volume 1). Iacocca Institute, Lehigh University.
2. Patterson, R., D. Hardt, et al. (1997). Next-Generation Manufacturing - A Framework for Action. F. Agility. DMI-9696175.
3. Moller, C., Next-Generation Enterprise Systems, 2010, IGI Global
4. Dumas M., La Rosa M., Mendling J., Reijers H.A., Process Identification, Fundamentals of Business Process Management, 2013, pp 33-61
5. Cooper, M. C., D. M. Lambert, et al. (1997). "Supply Chain Management: More Than a new Name for Logistics." The International Journal of Logistics Management 8(1): 1-14.
6. Olsen, R. F. and L. M. Ellram, "A Portfolio Approach to Supplier relationships." Industrial Marketing Management 26: 101-113.
7. Håkansson, H. (1982). International Marketing and Purchasing of Industrial Goods, John Wiley & Sons. New York.
8. Moller, C., The Conceptual Framework for Business Process Inovation, Towards a Research Program on a Global Supply Chain Inteligence, I2006-02, Aarhus School of Business, Denmark
9. Markus, M. L. and C. Tanis., The Enterprise Systems Experience-From Adoption to Success. Framing the Domains of IT Research: Glimpsing the Future through the Past. R. W. Zmud. Cincinnati, OH, Pinnaflex Educational Resources, Inc: 173-207,2000
10. Moller, C., ERP II - Next-generation Extended Enterprise Resource Planning, 2010
11. Kulkarni V., Barat S., Roychoudhury S, Towards Business Application Product Lines, Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 7590, 2012, pp 285-301
12. Harmon P., The Scope and Evolution of Business Process Management, Handbook on Business Process Management,International Handbooks on Information Systems 2010, pp 37-81
13. Bolstorff P., Rosenbaum R., Supply Chain Excellence: A Handbook for Dramatic Improvement Using the SCOR Model. AMACOM Div American Mgmt Assn. ISBN 0-8144-0730-7.
14. Simchi-Levi D., Kaminski p., Simchi-Levi E.. Designing and Managing the Supply Chain: Concepts, Strategies and Case Studies. McGraw-Hill International. ISBN 978-0-07-127097-7.
15. Allemang D., Hendler, J., Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist, Morgan Kaufmann Publishing, 2011
16. Segaran, T. et al., Programming the Semantic Web, OReilly Publishing, 2009
17. van der Aalst, W. M. P., ter Hofstede, A. H. M., & Weske, M., Business process management: A survey. Proceedings of the international conference on business process management (BPM 2003) (pp. 1–12). June 26–27 2003, Eindhoven, The Netherlands. In Lecture notes in computer science (Vol. 2678). Springer.
18. Jung, J.J., Semantic business process integration based on ontology alignment, Expert Systems with Applications, Volume 36, Issue 8, October 2009, Pages 11013-11020, Elsevier
19. Dijkman R., Dumas M., García-Bañuelos L., Graph Matching Algorithms for Business Process Model Similarity Search. In: Dayal U., Eder J., Koehler J., Reijers H.A. (eds) Business Process Management. BPM 2009. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 5701. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.