|Paper title:||Improvement of Gregory’s Formula Using Artificial Bee Colony Algorithm|
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 10) / 2016Download|
|Author(s):||AICHOUCHE S., KHELIL N., DJEROU L.|
|Abstract.||Solving numerical integration is an important question in scientific calculations and engineering. Gregory’s method is among the very first quadrature formulas ever described in the literature, dating back to James Gregory (1638-1675). In this article we prove that the Gregory Formula (G ) can be optimized by minimizing some of their coefficients in the remainder term by Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm. Experimental tests prove that obtained Formula can be rendered a powerful formula for library use.|
|Keywords:||Numerical Integration, Gregory Formula (G), Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) Algorithm|
1. G.C.ROTA, “finite operator calculus”, Academic press, Inc., 1975.
2. M.K.Belbahri, “Generalized Gregory formula”, Doctoral Thesis, Stevens Institute of Technology, 1982.
3. R.W. Hamming, R.S. Pinkham, A class of integration formulas, Journal of ACM, 13, No. 3 (1966), 430-438.
4. S. Roman, The theory of the umbral calculus, I, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 87 (1982), 58-115.
5. D. Karaboga, “An idea based on honey bee swarm for numerical optimization,” Report-TR06, Erciyes University, Engineering Faculty, Computer Engineering Department, 2005.
6. D. Karaboga, B. Basturk, “On the performance of artificial bee colony (ABC) algorithm,” Applied Soft Computing 8, 2008, pp.687-697.
7. P.W. Tsai, J.S. Pan, B.Y. Liao, S.C. Chu, “Enhanced Artificial Bee Colony Optimization,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control ICIC, vol. 5, no. 12, pp. 1-ISII08-247, 2009.
8. M.S. Kiran, M. Gunduz, “A novel artificial bee colony-based algorithm for solving the numerical optimization problems,” International Journal of Innovative Computing, Information and Control ICIC, vol. 8, no. 09, pp. 6107-6121, 2012.
9. Y. Zhou, X. Wei, “A Novel Numerical Computation Method Based on Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm,” Journal of computers, vol. 5, no. 02, pp. 226-233, 2010.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.