|Paper title:||The Effect of Number of Agents on Optimization of adaptivity Join Queries in Heterogeneous Distributed Databases|
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 7) / 2013Download|
|Author(s):||FEIZI-DERAKHSHI Mohammad-Reza, ASIL Hasan, ASIL Amir, ZAFARANI Elnaz, ZAFARANI Elnaz|
|Abstract.||Distributed systems signify data distribution, association of activities, and controlling the distributed components of the system. Distributed systems are mostly used to share the workload or transfer data processing functions to a place nearer to those functions. This important task should be mentioned in database query optimization. The growing need for optimizing query processing in databases has given rise to many methods of doing this. This article provides a multi-agent system for heterogeneous distributed databases by combining optimization techniques for processing queries in databases and adaptivity. In this system the effect of the number of agents on optimization of query processing in Heterogeneous distributed databases will be analyzed. In this system an agent has been added to make the database adaptable. In this system the greatness of the effect of number of agents on optimization of processing of joined queries has been analyzed.|
|Keywords:||Join Ordering, System Adaptable, Multi-agent Systems, Database|
1. Amol Deshpande, Zachary Ives, Vijayshankar Raman “Adaptive Query Processing: Why, How, When, What Next?” VLDB ‘07, September 2328, 2007, Vienna, Austria.Copyright 2007 VLDB Endowment, ACM 9781595936493/07/09.
2. Reza Ghaemi, Amin Milani Fard, Hamid Tabatabaee, and Mahdi Sadeghizadeh “Evolutionary Query Optimization for Heterogeneous istributed Database Systems” PWASET VOLUME 33 SEPTEMBER 2008 ISSN 2070-3740
3. Amol Deshpande, Zachary Ives, and Vijay shankarRaman. “Adaptive query processing”. Foundations and Trends in Databases, 1(1), 2007.
4. J. Callan, “Distributed information retrieval”. In Advances in Information Retrieval, W. B. Croft, Ed. Kluwer Academic Publishers,2000, pp. 127–150.
5. Elnaz zafarani , Mohammad_Reza Feizi_Derakhshi , Hasan Asil, Amir asil “Presenting a New Method for Optimizing Join Queries Processing in Heterogeneous Distributed Databases”, WKDD2010, Phuket , Thailand , 9-10 January, 2010.
6. Mohammad_Reza Feizi_Derakhshi , Hasan Asil , Amir Asil,elnaz zafarani “Practical Software Query Optimizing by Adapting Why and How?” Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences, January,2010
7. Mohammad_Reza Feizi_Derakhshi, Hasan Asil , Amir Asil,elnaz zafarani “Optimizing Query Processing in Practical Software Database by Adapting” WKDD2010, Phuket , Thailand , 9-10 January, 2010.
8. Mohammad_Reza Feizi_Derakhshi, Hasan Asil, Amir Asil “Proposing a New Method for Query Processing Adaption in Data Base “WCSET 2009: World Congress on Science, Engineering and Technology Dubai, United Arab Emirates VOLUME 37, January 28-30, 2009 ISSN 2070- 3740
9. J. M. Hellerstein “Lifting the Burden of History from Adaptive Query Processing” , A Deshpande, VLDB-04
10. Amol Deshpande “An Initial Study of Overheads of Eddies”, SIGMOD Record, March 2004.
11. T. Urhan, M. Franklin, L. Amsaleg “Cost Based Query Scrambling for Initial Delays”, SIGMOD-1998.
12. V. Raman, V. Markl, D. Simmen, G. Lohman “Progressive Optimization in Action”, Demo, VLDB-2004.
13. V. Raman, B Raman, J. Hellerstein “Online Dynamic Reordering for Interactive Data Processing”, VLDB-99
14. S. Babu, DeWitt, J Widom “Content-Based Routing: Different Plans for Different Data”, VLDB-05
15. Ron Avnur, Joseph M. Hellerstein “ Eddies: Continuously Adaptive Query Processing” SIGMOD-2000
16. A. Deshpande, C Guestrin “Exploiting Correlated Attributes in Acquisitional Query Processing”, ICDE-2005
17. Antoshenkov “Query Processing in DEC Rdb: Major Issues and Future Challenges”, IEEE Data Engg. Bull-
18. Ming-Syan Chen, Philip S. Yu, Kun-Lung WuC. Optimization of Parallel Execution for Multi-Join Queries. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 6 No. 3, June 1989.
19. David J. Dewitt, Shahram Ghandeharizadeh, Donovan A. Schneider, Allan Bricker, Hui-I Hsiao, and Rick Rasmussen. The Gamma Database Machine Project. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, 2(1):44--62, 1990.
20. C. K. Baru and O. Frieder. Database Operations in a CubeConnected Multiprocessor System. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 38(6):920-- 927, June 1989
21. Remzi H. Arpaci-Dusseau. Run-time adaptation in River. Transactions on Computer Systems (TOCS),21(1): 36–86, 2003.
22. Ozalp Babaoglu, Lorenzo Alvisi, Alessandro Amoroso, Renzo Davoli, and Luigi Alberto Giachini. Paralex: an environment for parallel programming in distributed systems. pages 178–187, New York, NY, USA, 1992. ACM Press.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.