|Paper title:||Mass Transfer and MHD Effects on Unsteady Porous Stretching Surface Embedded in a Porous Medium With Variable Heat Flux in The Presence of Heat Source|
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 7) / 2013Download|
|Author(s):||REDDY G.V. Ramana , REDDY N. Bhaskar|
|Abstract.||An unsteady two dimensional boundary layer flow of a viscous, incompressible, electrically conducting fluid over a porous stretching surface embedded in a porous medium in the presence of heat source or sink is studied in chapter 7. The unsteadiness in the flow and temperature fields is caused by the time dependence of the stretching velocity and the surface heat flux. The governing partial differential equations are transformed into a system of ordinary differential equations using similarity variables, which is then solved numerically by applying shooting method using Runge-Kutta method. The solution is found to be dependent on the governing parameters including the Prandtl number, porous parameter, heat source /sink parameter, suction or injection parameter and unsteadiness parameter. Comparison of numerical results is made with previously published results under the special cases, and found to be in good agreement. Effects of the Prandtl number, porous parameter, heat source /sink parameter, suction or injection parameter and unsteadiness parameter on the flow and heat transfer are examined.|
|Keywords:||Heat Transfer, Mass Transfer, Incompressible, Prandtl Number, Stretching Surface.|
1. Sakiadis B.C, Boundary layer behavior on continuous solid surfaces: I. Boundary layer equations for two dimensional and axisymmetric flow. A.I.Ch.E J., Vol.7(1), pp. 26- 28,1961(a).
2. Sakiadis B.C, Boundary layer behavior on continuous solid surfaces: II. Boundary layer equations on a continuous flat surface. AIChE J., Vol.7(1), pp.221-225,1961(b).
3. Crane L.J (1970), Flow past a stretching plane. Z. Amgew Math. Phys., Vol.21, pp. 645-647, 1970.
4. Vleggaar J, Laminar boundary layer behavior on continuous accelerating surfaces. Chem. Eng. Sci., Vol.32, pp. 1517- 1525,1977.
5. Gupta P. S and Gupta A.S . Heat and mass transfer on a stretching sheet with suction or blowing. Can. J. Chem. Eng., 55(6): 744-746,1977.
6. Soundalgekar V.M and Ramana T.V, Heat transfer past a continuous moving plate with variable temperature. WarmeUnd Stoffuber tragung., Vol. 14, pp. 91-93, 1980.
7. Grubka L.J and Bobba K.M, Heat transfer characteristics of a continuous stretching surface with variable temperature. J. Heat Transfer., Vol.107 pp.248-250,1985.
8. Ali M.E, On thermal boundary layer on a power law stretched surface with suction or injection. Int . J. Heat Mass Flow. Vol.16, pp. 280-290,1995.
9. Banks W.H.H, Similarity solutions of the boundary layer equation for a stretching wall. J. Mec.Theor. Appl., Vol.2, pp. 375-392, 1983.
10. Ali M.E, Heat transfer characteristics of a continuous stretching surface, Warme-Und Stoffuber tragung. Vol.29, pp. 227-234, 1995.
11. Elbashbeshy E.M.A, Heat transfer over a stretching surface with variable heat flux. J. Phys. D. Appl. Phys., Vol.31, pp. 1951-1955, 1998.
12. Foraboschi F. P, Federico I. D, Heat transfer in a laminar flow of non-Newtonian heat generation fluids. Int. J. Heat transfer over a stretching surface with internal heat generation. Can. J. Phys., Vol.81, pp. 699-706, 2003.
13. Ali M.E, The effect of lateral mass flux on the natural convection boundary layers induced by a heated vertical plate embedded in a saturated porous medium with internal heat generation. Int. J.Thermal. Sci. Vol.46, pp. 157-163, 2007
14. Elbashbeshy E.M.A and Bazid M.A.A, Heat transfer over an unsteady stretching surface. Heat Mass Transf., Vol.41, pp. 1- 4, 2004.
15. Anderson H.T, Aarseth J. B and Dandapat B.S, Heat transfer in a liquid film on an unsteady stretching surface, Int. J. Heat Transf. Vol.43, pp. 69-74, 2000.
16. Ishak A, Nazar R and Pop I, Heat transfer over an unsteady stretching surface with prescribed heat flux. Can. J. Phys., Vol. 86, pp. 853-855, 2008.
17. Elbashbeshy E.M.A, Heat transfer over an unsteady porous stretching surface embedded in a porous medium with variable heat flux in the presence of heat source or sink, African Journal of Math. and Com. Sci. Research Vol. 3(5), pp. 68- 73, 2010.
18. Jain M.K, Iyengar S.R.K, and Jain R.K, Numerical Methods for Scientific and Engineering Computation, Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, India., 1985
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.