|Paper title:||Error Estimation of an Approximation in a Wavelet Collocation Method|
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 7) / 2013Download|
|Author(s):||SCHUCHMANN Marco , RASGULJAJEW Michael|
|Abstract.||This article describes possibility to assess an approximation in a wavelet collocation method. In a research project several different types of differential equations were approximated with this method. A lot of parameters must be adjusted in the discussed method here, like the number of basis elements, the resolution parameter j or the number of collocation points. In this article we define a criterion which follows from an error estimation of the approximation.|
|Keywords:||ODE, Sinc Collocation, Shannon Wavelet, Wavelet Collocation, Error Estimation|
1. O. V. Vasilyev, C. Bowman, “Second-Generation Wavelet Collocation Method for the Solution of Partial Differential Equations,” Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 165, 2000, pp. 660–693. https://wiki.ucar.edu/download/attachments/41484400/vasilye v1.pdf
2. S. Bertoluzza, “Adaptive wavelet collocation method for the solution of Burgers equation,” Transport Theory and Statistical Physics, 25:3-5, 2006, pp. 339-352.
3. T. S.Carlson, J. Dockery, J. Lund, “A Sinc-Collocation Method for Initial Value Problems,” Mathematics of Computation, Vol. 66, No. 217, 1997, pp. 215-235.
4. K. Abdella, “Numerical Solution of two-point boundary value problems using Sinc interpolation,” Proceedings of the American Conference on Applied Mathematics (AmericanMath '12): Applied Mathematics in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2012, pp. 157-162.
5. A. Nurmuhammada, M. Muhammada, M. Moria, M. Sugiharab, “Double exponential transformation in the Sinccollocation method for a boundary value problem with fourthorder ordinary differential equation,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, Vol. 162, 2005, pp. 32-50.
6. C. Blatter, “Wavelets – Eine Einführung,“ 2nd edition, Vieweg, Wiesbaden, 2003.
7. G. Strang, “Wavelets and Dilation Equations: A Brief Introduction,” SIAM Review, Vol. 31, No. 4, 1989, pp. 614- 627.
8. Z. Shi, D.J. Kouri, G.W. Wie, D. K. Hoffman, „Generalized Symmetric Interpolating Wavelets,” Computer Physics Communications, Vol. 119, 1999, pp. 194-218.
9. D. L. Donoho, “Interpolating Wavelet Transforms,” Tech. Rept. 408. Department of Statistics, Stanford University, Stanford, 1992.
10. E. Hairer, G. Wanner, “Solving Ordinary Differential Equations I: Nonstiff Problems,” 2nd edition, Springer, Berlin, 1993.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.