Genetic Programming and Genetic Algorithms for Propositions
|Published in:||Issue 2, (Vol. 6) / 2012|
|Author(s):||HEWAHI M. Nabil|
|Abstract.||In this paper we propose a mechanism to discover the compound proposition solutions for a given truth table without knowing the compound propositions that lead to the truth table results. The approach is based on two proposed algorithms, the first is called Producing Formula (PF) algorithm which is based on the genetic programming idea, to find out the compound proposition solutions for the given truth table. The second algorithm is called the Solutions Optimization (SO) algorithm which is based on genetic algorithms idea, to find a list of the optimum compound propositions that can solve the truth table. The obtained list will depend on the solutions obtained from the PF algorithm. Various types of genetic operators have been introduced to obtain the solutions either within the PF algorithm or SO algorithm.|
|Keywords:||Proposition Logic, Genetic Algorithms, Genetic Programming|
1. S. Augier, G. Venturini, Y. Kodratoff, "Learning First Order Logic Rules with Genetic Algorithms", in U.M.Fayyad and R. Uthurusamy, editors, The first Inter. Conf. on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining and Data Mining, pp. 21-26, Montreal, Canada, 20-21, AAAI Press, 1995.
2. F. Divina, "Evolutionary Concept Learning in First Order Logic: An overview", AI Communications, pp.1-22, vol.19, issue 1, January 2006.
3. D Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesle, 1989.
4. R. Johnsonbaugh, Discrete Mathematics, Pearson Prentice Hall, 7th edition, 2009.
5. J. Koza, Genetic Programming: On the Programming of Computers by Means of Natural Selection (Complex Adaptive Systems), Library of congress Cataloging-in-publishing Data, 1992.
6. J. Koza, F. Bennett , Genetic Programming III: Darwinian Invention and Problem Solving, Morgaz Kaufwman Publisher, 1999.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.