Edge Detection Methods Based on Filtering Followed by Application of Differential Operators for Iris
|Published in:||Issue 1, (Vol. 6) / 2012|
|Author(s):||COLESCU Camelia, LUPU Catalin|
|Abstract.||This article presents the advantages of edge detection methods using filtering operations followed by application of differential operators eye an image. When using methods based on differential operators when applying intensity variations can be detected by differentiation, but if noisy signals differentiation is dangerous due to the effect of amplifying the high frequencies. To eliminate this disadvantage must be designed optimal edge detectors (Canny) which satisfy the following criteria: accurate detection, correct location and a single response to a single edge|
|Keywords:||Edge Detectors, Filter, Differenţial Operators, Iris|
1. J.Canny, A computational Approach to Edge Detection, IEEE Transaction on pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol.8, No.6, November 1986, pp. 679 – 698;
2. P.Grattoni, A.Guiducci, Contour Coding for Imge Description, Pattern Recognition Letters, vol.11, No.2, February 1990, pp.95 – 105
3. R.M. Haralik, Digital Step Edges from Zero Crossing of Second Directional Derivatives, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol.8, No.1, January 1986, pp. 58 – 68:
4. O.Monga, R.Deriche, G.Malandain, Recursive Filtering and Edge Closing: Two Primary Tools for 3D Edge Detection, Rapports de recherché, INRIA, No.1103, octomber, 1989;
5. D.Marr, E.C.Hildreth, Theory of Edge Detection, Proc. Royal Society of London Bulletin, vol.204, 1979, pp.301 – 328;
6. A.Huertas, G.Medioni, Detection of Intensity Changes with Subpixel Accuracy Using Laplacian – Gaussian Mask, IEEE Transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol.8,No.5, September, 1986, pp.651 – 665.
7. J.A.C. Bernsen, An Objective and Subective Evaluation of Edge Detection Methods in Images, Philips J. Res., 46, 1991, pp.57 – 94.
8. S.Castan, J.Zhao, J.Shen, Optimal Filter for Edge Detection Methods and Results, Proc. On First European Conference on Computer Vision, Antibes, April, 1990, pp.13 – 17.
|Back to the journal content|
This article is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.